My Home Inc
St. Paul-based My Home Inc. is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services to provide outpatient chemical dependency treatment to adult African American men and women in Ramsey County. This is a culturally specific, dual-diagnostic program which integrates therapeutic and cognitive treatment methods. My Home Inc. strives to help black men and women develop a renewed sense of pride in being black Americans of African descent. My Home Inc. programs address issues facing clients including criminal recidivism, chemical dependency, community and domestic violence, poor self-esteem, poor parenting skills, homelessness and lack of educational and employment skills. My Home Inc. is culturally competent and has five distinct primary treatment phases:
- Develop clients awareness regarding what relapse is
- Deter continued chemical use and abuse
- Eliminate community and domestic violence
- Prepare clients for work readiness
- Assist with educational planning and referral
A holistic, cognitive approach for the empowerment, recovery and inspiration of African Americans includes motivational interviewing and a variety of program options. Through group and individual counseling, effective case management, educational films and lecture and peer mentoring, My Home Inc. designs services to engage and motivate every client.
Cultural competency is the emphasis at My Home Inc. Studies show that culture and customs are primary influences of a broad range of behaviors. Executive Director Farris Glover has more than 28 years of experience monitoring individuals in need of both therapeutic and cognitive methods of treatment.
- Address651 University Avenue West, Saint Paul, MN 55104
- CategoryAdult Men, Adult Women, Culturally Specific, Intensive Outpatient Treatment, Persons Who Have Experienced Trauma, Regular Outpatient Treatment, Sliding Fee Scale
- TagsIntensive Outpatient Treatment, Regular Outpatient Treatment
- By The Influence
- Email: email@example.com
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID
Programs, services and unique accommodations provided by include but are not limited to: Adult Women Adult Men Persons Who Have Experienced Trauma Sliding Fee Scale Intensive Outpatient Treatment Regular Outpatient Treatment